Model No: SAFEC
Safely Monitor Power Without Exposure to High Voltages & Reduce the PPE Level of Protective Clothing.
• Be Safe - With the new rules surrounding NFPA -70E and arc-flash safety procedures, we advise electrical engineers to become conversant with all safety issues. More on NFPA 70E can be found here: Electrical Safety
NFPA 70E has highlighted the need to wear special gloves, eye-protection, flame-retardant clothing, electrically insulating shoes etc. - collectively referred to as PPE or Personal Protective Equipment. The PPE levels range from 0 to 4 at the highest level - see More Images tab below for an example of a PPE level 4 suit.
• A Safer Solution - The main benefit of the SafeConect is to avoid opening panels and equipment in order to connect voltage probes and current probes to energized conductors when performing electrical testing. The SafeConnect will reduce the need to suit up in a higher level of PPE and contributes to higher safety by not exposing the test engineer directly to high voltages.
• Simplifies Testing - -The SafeConnect voltage connections and current transformers are installed one-time. A military-type rugged connector to the meter is usually brought to the front of the panel or equipment. Voltage and current signals are not switched to the meter until the PowerSight umbilical connector is attached to the front panel connector. Thus a safe connection is made without ever exposing the user to dangerous voltages.
For many testing applications that require frequent re-testing or measurements, such as at motor control centers or switchgear, the SafeConnect once installed eliminates the need to power down every time testing connections need to be made, or set up protective barriers or warnings of an exposed panel or equipment.
• Save Time - Quick setup and teardown of monitoring sessions on live power. ¼ turn of one connector connects all power signals. No need to remove doors panels. No need to deal with hooking up current probes in tight or inaccessible spaces. Perfect for periodic maintenance measurements.
• Gets the Right Connections Every Time - Just a 1/4 turn of the military-type connector, connects all signals to the meter correctly. No switched phases, reversed probes, or dead channels. Permanent connections means the data is right when you return 1 month later.
• Choose a SafeConnect model - SafeConnect is available now. First, request a quote here:
Specify SafeC (for 3 phase) or SafeC-N (for 3 phase plus neutral). SafeConnects include doughnut-type toroidal CTs, voltage leads, and manual. (Note: The S-model refers to split-core type CT's for those applications where it is not possible to break voltage conductors to install toroidal CT's.)
If you have application questions contact us using the Request Quote link above.
For medium voltage applications up to 5kV you will also need PT's that step 5kV down to 600V. Here's a source: 3 Phase PT
Click on Components tab below for CT and voltage options.Click on Documents tab below for Installation Manual.
Configuration Details: (CT=Current Transformer)
Model No. ........(No. of CTs) --- CT amps -- CT (insulation) volts -- List Price
SAFEC-100-50 ........ (3) ----------- 100 amps ---------- 5,000 V --------------- $595.00
SAFEC-1000-50 ....... (3) ---------- 1,000 amps -------- 5,000 V --------------- $595.00
SAFEC-1000-50-S .... (3) ---------- 1,000 amps -------- 5,000 V --------------- $995.00
Other CT types & ranges upon request - a fourth CT can be provided for Neutral conductors.