PS3550 - Power & Energy Analyzer
The PowerSight PS3550 Power Analyzer is a versatile, easy-to-use 3-phase power analyzer that is ideal for energy audits, load studies, harmonic analysis, and more. The PS3550 couples its small size with a wide range of operating modes and measurement accessories to help you get the measurements you need, both now and into the future.
Combined with our PowerSight Manager software (PSM-A), the PS3550 provides the PowerSight “Start-To-Finish Monitoring Solution,” providing the Most Efficient and Error Free Solution for doing Power Studies.
- Save time
- Eliminate errors
- Achieve success.
Power LoggingMonitor just about any power system or load in the world:
- 3 phase delta/wye, 4 wire delta, open/grounded delta, 2CT/2PT – 3CT/2PT – 3CT/3PT metering circuits, split-phase, single phase, multiple single phase, and of course DC.
- Select any of 72 different measurement types for regular recording of Voltage (V), Current (A), Power (KW), Apparent Power (KVA), True Power Factor (PF), Frequency (Hz), and THD.
- Many other measurements available on the screen (such as elapsed & projected cost and KWH, peak demand period, duty cycle, “on” time, DPF, phase angle, individual harmonics…)
- Reports can also include peak demand period and magnitude (both KWH and KVA), estimated and elapsed cost, & average KVAR with graphs and starting waveforms.
- Summaries of the average, maximum, and minimum of each value, as well as the present values can be viewed on the analyzer’s display at any time.
- All measurements and the initial automatic capture of waveforms can be viewed and analyzed in our PSM-A software.
Harmonic AnalysisLog the THD of each input. Capture waveforms in the PS3550 with the press of a button at any time and then analyze the harmonic content with our PSM-A software as either a harmonic bar chart or as an exported Excel spreadsheet.
A Solution For Success
A patented AI system that warns you of possible connections errors prior to monitoring, with the push of a button.
Summarize data in a professional report with graphs and tables that turn raw data into meaningful visuals, with just a few clicks.
Learn More Sample Report
Tell your PS3550 how to record data by setting triggering thresholds, using special operating modes, and much more.
Failing is not an option when monitoring for extended periods. Redundant memory storage, communications, and control come standard in every PowerSight.
The widest range of measurement accessories and a family of analyzers to buy and rent, all using the same software.
Create a test plan and load it into your analyzers so they “know” the plan. Single click to retrieve, re-route, and re-name the data without error.
Quick Start Guide
Why You Want This
- Want a proven, reliable meter for almost any power analysis study
- Do not need to capture power quality events as separate views in separate files
- Want the best analyzer brand for medium voltage and 400Hz studies
- Want the efficiency of a full keypad
- Want the complete Start-to-Finish Power Monitoring Solution
- Want the largest array of accessories for measuring any power in any situation
Who is Using PowerSight?
- Electrical Testing Services
- Engineering - Power Design / Analysis / Consulting
- Electrical Contractors
- Hospital / Health Care
- Industrial Equipment Manufacturers
- Industrial Processes
- Power Generation / Distribution / Utilities
- Hi-Tech Manufacturing / Information Tech
- Industrial Suppliers/Distributors
- Oil and Gas
- Construction / Architecture
- Property / Facilities Management
- Agriculture / Food
- Military / Defense
Typical PS3550 Applications
Load StudiesVerify currents for ampacity before adding new loads. Determine the load profile of any equipment, branch, or facility for power management and load shedding. Appropriately size breakers, transformers, power factor correction, and power backup. Our ReportWriter Wizard™ provides a compelling summary document with a minimum of effort.
Cost & Efficiency AnalysisAutomatically view projected cost, run time costs, peak demand period, power factor profiles and more to verify projected savings, check utility bills, shed loads, minimize power factor penalties. Perform before/after and A/B analyses for informed decision making. Our ReportWriter Wizard™ provides clear summaries and comparisons with a minimum of effort.
Evaluate Harmonic Distortion of PowerModern electronic equipment introduces harmonics into a power system, which can have unforeseen consequences. Safety risks related to overheating can arise but can easily be identified by an analyzer with harmonics analysis.
Multi-Point StudiesCharacterize an entire facility by monitoring many points simultaneously. PowerSight’s industry unique TestPlan Manager™ is the industry’s most efficient and error free method of performing multi-point studies. Because the entire test plan is embedded inside each analyzer, your efficiency goes up and collating data becomes a snap. Combine your analyzers with our rental analyzers to do jobs of over 100 simultaneous test points.
Rudimentary Power Quality AnalysisRoughly characterize power quality by viewing maximum and minimum voltages, current inrush, and voltage imbalance. Evaluate THD over time. A visual scan of the logs and the summary values of the study inform you, with minimum effort. Note: We highly recommend the PS5000 and PS4550 power quality analyzers over the PS3550 for power quality analysis.
Equipment Evaluation & Predictive MaintenanceCharacterize individual motors or processes over time to observe changes in performance. The PowerSight TestPlan Manager™ provides an efficient and error free method of keeping track of performance over time.
|Size||3.88" (9.86 cm) W x 7.72" (19.61 cm) L x 1.58" (4.01 cm) Deep at bottom end; 2.14" (5.44 cm) Deep at top end|
|Weight||1.1 lbs (0.5 kg)|
|Operating Range||32 - 122 degrees F (0 - 50 degrees C) Relative humidity to 70% (non-condensing)|
|Power Requirement||12V DC @ 500 mA|
|Battery Life||8-10 hours after 4 hour charge|
|Measurement Rate||8 microseconds for Voltage and Current|
|Safety||600V CAT IV, 1000V CAT III|
|SD Card Slot||Accepts SD Cards to 32GB|
|Logging Period (Resolution)||1 Second - 99 Minutes|
|Logging Duration (Length of session)||up to 2 years according to memory allocation|
|Internal Data Retention||8 years|
|Other Features||Crest Factor, K Factor, Peak Demand Period, Peak Demand of Peak, Demand Period. Duty Cycle, On/Off Cycle %, Avg. On Time, Avg Off Time|
|Display Range||1-6000 KV (using input ratios)|
|Meter Resolution||0.1V (to 400 V), 1V (to 4 KV)|
|Accuracy||0.5% of reading ±0.3 Vrms|
|Display Range||1 mA - 6 Megamps (using input ratios)|
|Meter Display Resolution||0.1A|
|Accuracy||±0.5 % of reading plus accuracy of probes|
|Phasor Diagram||via PC|
|Range||DC: 45-66 Hz, 360-440 Hz fundamental|
|Meter Display Resolution||0.1 Hz (to 66.0 Hz)|
Quotes from Our Customers
Who is Using PowerSight?
- J.W., Health Care Industry
- J.M., Engineering Consulting Services
- J.K., Oil and Gas Industry
PowerSight Around the WorldWe have done business in 58+ countries and territories, and all 7 continents. That's right, our analyzers have made their way down to Antarctica! An ever-expanding list, which country will be next?
Warranty / Maintenance ProgramEvery PowerSight analyzer comes with a standard 12-Month Deluxe Warranty. Deluxe Warranty Details
- Repair or replacement of covered defects & failures during the warranty period
- Free upgrades to the latest PSM-A analysis and reporting software, for enhanced capabilities
- Free upgrades to the latest firmware for the analyzer for enhanced performance and new features
- 1 calibration of the analyzer with one set of probes during each year of the extended warranty / maintenance period ($200/year value)
- Replacement of out-of-tolerance batteries
- Coverage of new product warranties extend to all PowerSight probes, adapters, carrying cases, & other optional items purchased with the analyzer
Extend or Renew Your Warranty / Maintenance Coverage
Technical SupportOur technical support staff know our products and your applications. We design and support our products for both the first-time renter and the daily professional user. We are always improving the products and are committed to your success!
Types of support:
- Answering questions about product operation and software usage
- Troubleshooting errors and bugs
- Assistance with finding & purchasing the right equipment for your needs
- Maintenance requests for products under warranty
- Whatever we can do to help you achieve success
ContactFor general questions and comments, email: email@example.com
For specific issues, submit the Technical Service Request Form
For immediate service, call (925)-944-1212* or send us a message in the Live Chat box* in the bottom right corner of the page
*standard coverage is weekdays 8:00AM - 5:00PM PST
Quick Start Guide
Wide Range Flexible Current Probe 1 - 6000 AmpsThe eFX6000 is a flexible AC current probe covering the entire measurement range of 1 to 6000 amps. The rope is just 0.91 inches (23 mm) thick so it can fit through narrow places and is 24 inches long so it can wrap around multiple cables or a busbar (36 inch length is also available). Self-powered via our meter, so there are NO batteries that can run down.
Only for PS3550/PS4550/PS4500The Expanded Memory Option is recommended for the PS3550 to provide plenty of space for extensive data logging and power quality data capture. It expands the internal memory four times (X4). Standard memory is adequate for limited power data logging.
5 KVP Voltage Probes (3 Probes, Case)The PowerSight 5KVPSet allows you to safely directly monitor medium voltages up to 5KV. It is a set of three probes. Great for use with 4160V motors. Your only choice when there are no PTs (Potential Transformers) available or you want to bypass PTs.
Other Relevant Items
Or rent for $650/Month
Or rent for $690/Month
[Does NOT include current probes or carrying case.]