PS4550 - Power Quality Analyzer
The PowerSight PS4550 Power Quality Analyzer is a versatile, easy-to-use power quality analyzer that is ideal for comprehensive power quality studies, energy audits, load studies, harmonic analysis, and more. The PS4550 couples small size with sophisticated triggering and event capture to answer your power quality questions.
REQUEST A QUOTE
The PS4550 is a true hand-held three phase power quality analyzer with the features and accessories to achieve success in your power monitoring study. Its ergonomic contoured case, rugged construction, and small size make it ideal for field work.
In addition, being part of the PowerSight “Start-To-End Monitoring Solution”, it has unique features and accessories that you will not find elsewhere to:
- Save time
- Eliminate errors
- Achieve success.
Monitor just about any power system or load in the world:
- 3 phase delta/wye, 4 wire delta, open/grounded delta, 2CT/2PT – 3CT/2PT – 3CT/3PT metering circuits, split-phase, single phase, multiple single phase, and of course DC.
- Select any of 68 different measurement types for regular recording of Voltage (V), Current (A), Power (KW), Apparent Power (KVA), True Power Factor (PF), Frequency (Hz), and THD.
- Summaries of the average, maximum, and minimum of each value, as well as the present values can be viewed on the analyzer’s display at any time.
- All measurements and the initial automatic capture of waveforms can be viewed and analyzed in our PSM-A software (power analysis features).
Power Quality studies
Continuously examine every cycle of every input and trigger to a resolution of 8 microseconds.
Trigger on swell, sag (dip), inrush, and advanced triggering types such as absolute and relative high-speed transient events.
Choose your triggering mode:
- Automatic setting of thresholds for capture of swells, sags, high-speed absolute transients, and high-speed relative transients
- “Fixed thresholds” that you can set for swells, sags, absolute transients, and relative transients for any of the voltage and current inputs you choose
Our included PSM-A software (power analysis features) can present multiple views of each event, including waveform view, scatterplot view, and RMS ½ cycle graphic view. It will also export the data to Excel for custom analysis. Summaries of measurements are available on the analyzer’s display.
Log the THD of each input.
Capture waveforms in the PS4550 with the press of a button at any time and then analyze the harmonic content with our PSM-A software (power analysis features) as either a harmonic bar chart or as an exported Excel spreadsheet.
The PS4550 has multiple means of communicating, to
- Get the data you need when you need it
- Control and adapt the analyzer’s settings whether it be:
- In your hand
- On your desk
- Locked in an electrical panel.
Each PS4550 has Bluetooth and USB communications standard. Wi-Fi is available as an additional option.
Each PS4550 supports an SD card to allow for automatic storage of all data and the ability to export and import the data setup for the analyzer.
The keypad of the PS4550 allows:
- Viewing summary information of the most recent power study
- Modifying fundamental operational settings of the analyzer
- Control of the monitoring process
Storage Redundancy and Capacity
The PS4550 has ample storage capacity in its internal memory.
It also has redundant data storage with an installed SD memory card.
Even though the internal storage is sufficient for most logging situations, in the event that the internal memory fills, it will continue adding to the data on the SD card so nothing will be lost. Data is compressed in the SD card files so any card of at least 2GB will have essentially limitless storage ability for your studies.
Eliminating Connection Issues
SureStart is our patented AI Expert System that analyzes the inputs to the PS4550 and its operational settings. PRIOR to monitoring, it provides you with warning of potential connection issues and operational settings, so you will have the results you want when the study is done. One press of the button on the PS4550 will invoke this Expert System. The results are presented in clear English messages.
Get the Measurements You Need
Our Data Setup Wizard allows you to reliably setup the PS4550 for all common power study types.
Couple your PS4550 with the widest array of accessories in the industry to measure:
- Current - DC (up to 2000A) and AC (from 5ma to 6000A)
- Voltage –DC and AC, directly connected up to 1000V (up to 15,000V with our exclusive medium voltage probes).
- Frequency – measure fundamental frequencies from 22 to 200Hz or from 360Hz to 440Hz. Measure harmonics beyond 3,000Hz. Measure powerline noise to 100,000Hz (with the FAO powerline spectrum analyzer option).
- Create log records in intervals from 1 second to 99 minutes.
- Use automatic setting of trigger thresholds or set the thresholds just the way you want them.
Eliminate Errors & Increase Efficiency With TestPlan Manager
TestPlan Manager is our unique system feature to create a “test plan” in our PSM-A software and then download it into the PS4550 so “the meter knows the plan”.
When the meter knows the plan:
- The meter labels the data in the SD card according to the plan so there is no confusion about what test point the test data is for in the survey.
- The meter can automatically load the needed data setup for the specific test point.
- The data can be retrieved by PSM-A later with one click of the mouse. The data is recovered from the SD card, routed to the correct folder on your computer, and renamed as required... all with one click of the mouse.
The result is eliminating errors and increasing efficiency:
… the most important part of any monitoring study.
Our ReportWriter wizard makes creating clear and persuasive reports fast and easy.
Just a few clicks of the mouse will yield a report:
- As PDF or as Microsoft Word compatible
- As a summary of your power study or as a comparison of two data sets (for persuasive before/after comparisons, with % change and absolute change)
- With a table of whatever measurements you wish to include, including projections of cost and energy per month
- With full page graphs, half-page graphs, or no graphs.
If you choose the report to be Microsoft Word compatible, you can add screen captures, exported graphs, Excel tables, and edit as needed.
Ease of Use and Support
PowerSight is probably the most rented power analyzer for large studies in the world, yet most of our rentals are just one or two systems. As a result, we have daily experience with first-time users and see all the areas where customers get confused or make mistakes. This resulted in our “Start-To-End Solution” to eliminate errors and increase efficiency at every step of the monitoring process.
Our tech support personnel know the products and are dedicated to you achieving success in your monitoring projects.
Each PS4550 is rated for both 1000V CAT III and 600V CAT IV for your safety in the most compromising situations. Bluetooth wireless communications allow you to control and view the PS4550 remotely from a safe distance outside the arc flash blast zone. The strong Bluetooth signal in the PS4550 often allows communications with the analyzer even when locked in an electrical cabinet, achieving ultimate safety.
Our line-to-DC converter (LDC4) allows you to operate your PS4550 from the power that it is monitoring, up to 600V. The small size of the combined PS4550 and LDC4, allows locking them together inside a panel for extended monitoring with:
- No external power cords
- No exposure to dangerous voltages
- Reduced risk of theft or tampering.
Measures, logs, and reports:
- RMS Volts
- RMS Amps
- Sags, Swells (surges) and inrush
- Transients, impulses
- Watts, VA , VAR , Power Factor, Hz
- THD, Live / scope waveform views
- Real time meters
- Harmonic Spectrum
Most Efficient and Error Free Solution for Power Studies:
- TestPlan Manager - to create a test plan, manage resources, and track status
- Data Setup Wizard - to insure you get the measurements that you need
- SureStart Expert System - to verify that connections and settings are correct, prior to starting
- TestPlan Manager - to integrate the plan into the meter and to retrieve the data according to your needs, without error
- ReportWriter Wizard - to quickly / accurately create your final report
|Size||3.89" (9.86 cm) W x 7.72" (19.61 cm) L x 1.58" (4.01 cm) Deep at bottom end; 2.14" (5.44 cm) Deep at top end|
|Weight||1.1 lbs (0.5 kg)|
|Operating Range||32 - 122 degrees F (0 - 50 degrees C) Relative humidity to 70% (non-condensing)|
|Power Requirement||12V DC @ 500 mA|
|Battery Life||8-10 hours after 4 hour charge|
|Sampling Rate||8 microseconds for Voltage and Current|
|Safety||600V CAT IV, 1000V CAT III|
|SD Card Slot||Accepts SD Cards to 32GB|
|Logging Period (Resolution)||1 Second - 99 Minutes|
|Logging Duration (Length of session)||up to 2 years according to memory allocation|
|Communications||Bluetooth Wireless and USB at 460.8 kbps, Wi-Fi optional|
|Range||1-1000 Vrms Steady-State (direct input)|
|Display Range||1-6000 kV (using input ratios)|
|Accuracy||±0.1 % of reading ±0.3 Vrms|
|Range||Depends on probes|
|Display Range||1 mA - 6 Megamps (using input ratios)|
|Accuracy||±0.1 % of reading plus accuracy of probes|
|Range||DC, 22 - 200 Hz, 360 - 440 Hz Fundamental|
|Range||22 - 3000 Hz (50th Harmonic @ 50/60 Hz)|
|Swell/Sag (Dip)/Inrush||1/2 Cycle RMS|
|Transient Detection||8 microseconds, instantaneous|
PS4550 Power Quality Analyzer
DXV deluxe voltage leads with Jumbo Alligator clips
AC Charger (specify 120 or 240 volt version)
PSM PowerSight Manager Software for PC
QSG – Quick Start Guide