PS4550 - Power Quality Analyzer
The PowerSight PS4550 Power Quality Analyzer is a versatile, easy-to-use power quality analyzer that is ideal for comprehensive power quality studies, energy audits, load studies, harmonic analysis, and more. The PS4550 couples small size with sophisticated triggering and event capture to answer your power quality questions.
REQUEST A QUOTE
- Save time
- Eliminate errors
- Achieve success.
Power Quality AnalysisContinuously examine every cycle of every input and trigger to a resolution of 8 microseconds. Trigger on swell, sag (dip), inrush, and advanced triggering types such as absolute and relative high-speed transient events. Choose your triggering mode:
- Allow the trigger thresholds to be set automatically for you by the meter, based on the voltages it sees
- Set the trigger thresholds yourself for voltages and currents, setting swell, sag (dip), inrush, absolute transient levels, and relative transient levels.
Power LoggingMonitor just about any power system or load in the world:
- 3-phase delta/wye, 4-wire delta, open/grounded delta, 2CT/2PT – 3CT/2PT – 3CT/3PT metering circuits, split-phase, single phase, multiple single phase, and of course DC.
- Select any of 72 different measurement types for regular recording of Voltage (V), Current (A), Power (KW), Apparent Power (KVA), True Power Factor (PF), Frequency (Hz), and THD.
- Many other measurements available on the screen (such as elapsed & projected cost and KWH, peak demand period, duty cycle, “on” time, DPF, phase angle, individual harmonics…)
- Reports can also include peak demand period and magnitude (both KWH and KVA), estimated and elapsed cost, & average KVAR with graphs and starting waveforms.
- Summaries of the average, maximum, and minimum of each value, as well as the present values can be viewed on the analyzer’s display at any time.
- All measurements and the initial automatic capture of waveforms can be viewed and analyzed in our Windows PSM-A software (power analysis features).
Harmonic AnalysisLog the THD of each input. Capture waveforms in the PS4550 with the press of a button at any time and then analyze the harmonic content with our Windows PSM-A software (power analysis features) as either a harmonic bar chart or as an exported Excel spreadsheet.
A Solution For Success
A patented AI system that warns you of possible connections errors prior to monitoring, with the push of a button.
Summarize data in a professional report with graphs and tables that turn raw data into meaningful visuals, with just a few clicks.
Learn More Sample Report
Tell your PS4550 how to record data by setting triggering thresholds, using special operating modes, and much more.
Failing is not an option when monitoring for extended periods. Redundant memory storage, power, communications, and control come standard.
The widest range of measurement accessories and a family of analyzers to buy and rent, all using the same Windows software.
Create a test plan and load it into your analyzers so they “know” the plan. Single click to retrieve, re-route, and re-name the data without error.
Quick Start Guide
Why You Want This
The PS4550 is the right analyzer if you:
- Want to capture multiple views of power quality events in order to understand and mitigate power quality problems
- Want a reliable, high-accuracy meter for almost any power quality analysis study
- Want the complete Start-to-Finish Power Monitoring Solution
- Want to be able to graph power-line voltage and current noise spectrum up to 100KHz (with FAO option)
- Want the largest array of accessories for measuring any power in any situation
Who is Using PowerSight?
- Electrical Testing Services
- Engineering - Power Design / Analysis / Consulting
- Electrical Contractors
- Hospital / Health Care
- Industrial Equipment Manufacturers
- Industrial Processes
- Power Generation / Distribution / Utilities
- Hi-Tech Manufacturing / Information Tech
- Industrial Suppliers/Distributors
- Oil and Gas
- Construction / Architecture
- Property / Facilities Management
- Agriculture / Food
- Military / Defense
Typical PS4550 Applications
Evaluate Quality of Incoming PowerVerify that your utility is delivering power within an acceptable voltage range over time. Check if nearby facilities are affecting your power. Verify if long power lines or over-capacity situations are having an adverse effect on your operations. Trigger on voltage swells and sags. Trigger of high speed transients. See what is happening in several different presentation viewpoints. PowerSight is unique in its ability to connect directly to distribution power (with optional medium voltage probes) to see what is happening at the source.
Evaluate Quality of Power Within Facilities to Find Failure CausesIf equipment is failing prematurely or is mysteriously taking itself off-line, you want to evaluate the voltage of the branch line and the current draw of parallel circuits. In addition to fine logging, trigger on swells and sags of voltage and inrush of current. Capture several views of what is happening in order to evaluate the source and the solution of the problem.
High Frequency StudiesWhen the Frequency Analysis Option (FAO) is enabled, the PS4550 effectively becomes a spectrum analyzer, capable of measuring high-frequency power line noise up to 100,000Hz. Common applications include where high-frequency noise could affect sensitive electronics, interfere with specialized manufacturing processes, cause high frequency currents, or disrupt communication signals.
Evaluate Harmonic Distortion of PowerModern electronic equipment introduces harmonics into a power system, which can have unforeseen consequences. Safety risks related to overheating can arise but can easily be identified by an analyzer with harmonics analysis.
Verify ATS & Backup PowerTrigger on loss of power to record the response of your ATS and backup power systems. Just as importantly, judge the handover of power from battery to diesel and from diesel to utility upon recovery. Trigger on current spikes and voltage over/under voltages that can damage equipment.
Long, Extended StudiesEvery PS4550 comes standard with expanded internal memory storage. What’s more, every PS4550 system includes an SD memory card that, when inserted in the analyzer, provides virtually unlimited data capacity. Verify currents for ampacity before adding new loads. Determine the load profile of any equipment, branch, or facility for power management and load shedding. Appropriately size breakers, transformers, power factor correction, and power backup.
Cost & Efficiency AnalysisAutomatically view projected cost, run time costs, peak demand period, power factor profiles and more to verify projected savings, check utility bills, shed loads, minimize power factor penalties. Perform before/after and A/B analyses for informed decision making. Our ReportWriter Wizard™ provides clear summaries and comparisons with a minimum of effort.
|3.89" (9.86 cm) W x 7.72" (19.61 cm) L x 1.58" (4.01 cm) Deep at bottom end; 2.14" (5.44 cm) Deep at top end
|1.1 lbs (0.5 kg)
|32 - 122 degrees F (0 - 50 degrees C) Relative humidity to 70% (non-condensing)
|12V DC @ 500 mA
|8-10 hours after 4 hour charge
|8 microseconds for Voltage and Current
|600V CAT IV, 1000V CAT III
|SD Card Slot
|Accepts SD Cards to 32GB
|Logging Period (Resolution)
|1 Second - 99 Minutes
|Logging Duration (Length of session)
|up to 2 years according to memory allocation
|Bluetooth Wireless and USB at 460.8 kbps, Wi-Fi optional
|1-1000 Vrms Steady-State (direct input)
|1-6000 kV (using input ratios)
|±0.1 % of reading ±0.3 Vrms
|Depends on probes
|1 mA - 6 Megamps (using input ratios)
|±0.1 % of reading plus accuracy of probes
|DC, 22 - 200 Hz, 360 - 440 Hz Fundamental
|22 - 3000 Hz (50th Harmonic @ 50/60 Hz)
|1/2 Cycle RMS
|8 microseconds, instantaneous
Quotes from Our Customers
Who is Using PowerSight?
- J.W., Health Care Industry
- J.M., Engineering Consulting Services
- J.K., Oil and Gas Industry
PowerSight Around the WorldWe have done business in 58+ countries and territories, and all 7 continents. That's right, our analyzers have made their way down to Antarctica! An ever-expanding list, which country will be next?
Warranty / Maintenance ProgramEvery PowerSight analyzer comes with a standard 12-Month Deluxe Warranty. Deluxe Warranty Details
- Repair or replacement of covered defects & failures during the warranty period
- Free upgrades to the latest PSM-A analysis and reporting software, for enhanced capabilities
- Free upgrades to the latest firmware for the analyzer for enhanced performance and new features
- 1 calibration of the analyzer with one set of probes during each year of the extended warranty / maintenance period ($200/year value)
- Replacement of out-of-tolerance batteries
- Coverage of new product warranties extend to all PowerSight probes, adapters, carrying cases, & other optional items purchased with the analyzer
Extend or Renew Your Warranty / Maintenance Coverage
Technical SupportOur technical support staff know our products and your applications. We design and support our products for both the first-time renter and the daily professional user. We are always improving the products and are committed to your success!
Types of support:
- Answering questions about product operation and software usage
- Troubleshooting errors and bugs
- Assistance with finding & purchasing the right equipment for your needs
- Maintenance requests for products under warranty
- Whatever we can do to help you achieve success
ContactFor general questions and comments, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific issues, submit the Technical Service Request Form
For immediate service, call (925)-944-1212* or send us a message in the Live Chat box* in the bottom right corner of the page
*standard coverage is weekdays 8:00AM - 5:00PM PST
Quick Start Guide
Wide Range Flexible Current Probe 1 - 6000 AmpsThe eFX6000 is a flexible AC current probe covering the entire measurement range of 1 to 6000 amps. The rope is just 0.91 inches (23 mm) thick so it can fit through narrow places and is 24 inches long so it can wrap around multiple cables or a busbar (36 inch length is also available). Self-powered via our meter, so there are NO batteries that can run down.
Only for PS4550/PS3550/PS4500The Expanded Memory Option is recommended for the PS4550 to provide plenty of space for extensive data logging and power quality data capture. It expands the internal memory four times (X4). Standard memory is adequate for limited power logging and power quality data capture.
5 KVP Voltage Probes (3 Probes, Case)The PowerSight 5KVPSet allows you to safely directly monitor medium voltages up to 5KV. It is a set of three probes. Great for use with 4160V motors. Your only choice when there are no PTs (Potential Transformers) available or you want to bypass PTs.
Other Relevant Items
Or rent for $790/Month
Or rent for $750/Month
[Does NOT include current probes or carrying case.]