PS5000 - Graphical Power Quality Analyzer
The full color display eliminates the need for laptops to see waveforms and logs. Phasor diagrams provide quick verification of connections.
The visual presentation of potential errors in connections and settings, via SureStart, minimizes the risk that the data will be incorrect at the end of the study.
The graphical user interface allows easy changing of trigger thresholds.
The large screen and “soft keys” allow quickly viewing all measurements of interest quickly.
REQUEST A QUOTE
- Save time
- Eliminate errors
- Achieve success.
Power Quality AnalysisContinuously examine every cycle of every input and trigger to a resolution of 8 microseconds. Trigger on swell, sag (dip), inrush, and advanced triggering types such as absolute and relative high-speed transient events. Choose your triggering mode:
- Allow the trigger thresholds to be set automatically for you by the meter, based on the voltages it sees
- Set the trigger thresholds yourself for voltages and currents, setting swell, sag (dip), inrush, absolute transient levels, and relative transient levels.
Power LoggingMonitor just about any power system or load in the world:
- 3-phase delta/wye, 4-wire delta, open/grounded delta, 2CT/2PT – 3CT/2PT – 3CT/3PT metering circuits, split-phase, single phase, multiple single phase, and of course DC.
- Choose from among 600 unique measurement types to log each second. All the basic measurement types are included: Vpn, Vpp, Amp, Watt, VA, VAR, TPF, THD. Advanced and specialized types are also included: Wpos/Wneg, VARpos/VARneg, DPF, Unbalance, Individual harmonics.
- Separately log positive, negative, and net KVAR and KW for meeting reporting requirements, designing PF correction, and evaluating utility costs.
- Summaries of the average, maximum, and minimum of each value, as well as the present values can be viewed on the analyzer’s display at any time.
- Verify your connections are correct at any time with SureStart or view the waveforms and phasor diagram on the display.
- All measurements and the initial automatic capture of waveforms can be viewed and analyzed in our PSM-A Windows software (power analysis features).
Harmonic AnalysisLog the THD and the magnitude of individual harmonics of every input, each second. View harmonics at any time as a bar chart. Log THD and individual harmonics of every input. Export logged individual harmonic data to Excel.
A Solution For Success
A patented AI system that warns you of possible connections errors prior to monitoring, with the push of a button.
Summarize data in a professional report with graphs and tables that turn raw data into meaningful visuals, with just a few clicks.
Learn More Sample Report
Tell your PS5000 how to record data by setting triggering thresholds, using special operating modes, and much more.
Failing is not an option when monitoring for extended periods. Redundant memory storage, power, communications, and control come standard.
The widest range of measurement accessories and a family of analyzers to buy and rent, all using the same Windows software.
Create a test plan and load it into your analyzers so they “know” the plan. Single click to retrieve, re-route, and re-name the data without error.
Quick Start Guide
Why You Want This
The PS5000 is the right analyzer if you:
- Want the best, most capable meter for almost any power quality analysis study
- Want to capture multiple views of power quality events in order to understand and mitigate power quality problems
- Want the complete Start-to-Finish Power Monitoring Solution
- Want the largest array of accessories for measuring any power in any situation
- PS5000 Brochure
Who is Using PowerSight?
- Electrical Testing Services
- Engineering - Power Design / Analysis / Consulting
- Electrical Contractors
- Hospital / Health Care
- Industrial Equipment Manufacturers
- Industrial Processes
- Power Generation / Distribution / Utilities
- Hi-Tech Manufacturing / Information Tech
- Industrial Suppliers/Distributors
- Oil and Gas
- Construction / Architecture
- Property / Facilities Management
- Agriculture / Food
- Military / Defense
Typical PS5000 Applications
Evaluate Quality of Incoming PowerVerify that your utility is delivering power within an acceptable voltage range over time. Check if nearby facilities are affecting your power. Verify if long power lines or over-capacity situations are having an adverse effect on your operations. Trigger on voltage swells and sags. Trigger of high speed transients. See what is happening in several different presentation viewpoints. PowerSight is unique in its ability to connect directly to distribution power (with optional medium voltage probes) to see what is happening at the source.
Evaluate Quality of Power Within Facilities to Find Failure CausesIf equipment is failing prematurely or is mysteriously taking itself off-line, you want to evaluate the voltage of the branch line and the current draw of parallel circuits. In addition to fine logging, trigger on swells and sags of voltage and inrush of current. Capture several views of what is happening in order to evaluate the source and the solution of the problem.
Evaluate Harmonic Distortion of PowerModern electronic equipment introduces harmonics into a power system, which can have unforeseen consequences. Safety risks related to overheating can arise but can easily be identified by an analyzer with harmonics analysis.
Verify ATS & Backup PowerTrigger on loss of power to record the response of your ATS and backup power systems. Just as importantly, judge the handover of power from battery to diesel and from diesel to utility upon recovery. Trigger on current spikes and voltage over/under voltages that can damage equipment.
Power Factor MitigationEvaluate power factor correction needs by logging positive and negative VAR and DPF.
Evaluate Motor HealthIn addition to normal monitoring, log the voltage and current imbalance over time. Directly connect to 4160V motors with our optional medium voltage probes. Evaluate power at the motor and in front of VFDs for the full picture. factor correction, and power backup. Medium Voltage Solutions
Cost & Efficiency AnalysisAutomatically view projected cost, run time costs, peak demand period, power factor profiles and more to verify projected savings, check utility bills, shed loads, minimize power factor penalties. Perform before/after and A/B analyses for informed decision making. Our ReportWriter Wizard™ provides clear summaries and comparisons with a minimum of effort.
View Waveforms, Phasors, Harmonics, VisualSureStart, and more in your hand
|Size||3.89" (9.86 cm) W x 7.72" (19.61 cm) L x 1.58" (4.01 cm) Deep at bottom end; 2.14" (5.44 cm) Deep at top end|
|Weight||1.2 lbs (0.56 kg)|
|Operating Range||32 - 122 degrees F (0 - 50 degrees C) Relative humidity to 70% (non-condensing)|
|Power Requirement||12V DC @ 500 mA|
|Battery Life||8-10 hours after 4 hour charge|
|Sampling Rate||8 microseconds for Voltage and Current|
|Safety||1000V CAT III, 600V CAT IV|
|SD Card Slot||Accepts SD Cards to 32GB|
|Logging Period (Resolution)||1 Second - 99 Minutes|
|Logging Duration (Length of session)||up to 2 years according to memory allocation|
|Communications||Bluetooth Wireless and USB at 460.8 kbps, Wi-Fi optional|
|Range||1-1000 Vrms Steady-State (direct input)|
|Display Range||1-6000 kV (using input ratios)|
|Accuracy||±0.1 % of reading ±0.3 Vrms|
|Range||Depends on probes|
|Display Range||1 mA - 6 Megamps (using input ratios)|
|Accuracy||±0.1 % of reading plus accuracy of probes|
|Range||DC, 22 - 200 Hz, 360 - 440 Hz Fundamental|
|THD Harmonic Inclusion||1-50th (50th Harmonic @ 50/60 Hz), per IEC|
|Individual Harmonics||Can log 1-63rd of voltages & currents|
|Individual Harmonic Accuracy (50/60Hz fund.) (Accuracy + accuracy of current probe)||1st through 22nd: ±0.5%, 23rd through 50th: ±1.0%, 51st through 63rd: ±1.25%|
|THD Display Range||0 - 999%|
|Swell/Sag (Dip)/Inrush||1/2 Cycle RMS|
|Transient Detection||8 microseconds, instantaneous|
Quotes from Our Customers
Who is Using PowerSight?
- J.W., Health Care Industry
- J.M., Engineering Consulting Services
- J.K., Oil and Gas Industry
PowerSight Around the WorldWe have done business in 58+ countries and territories, and all 7 continents. That's right, our analyzers have made their way down to Antarctica! An ever-expanding list, which country will be next?
Warranty / Maintenance ProgramEvery PS5000 comes with a standard 12-Month Deluxe Warranty. Deluxe Warranty Details
- Repair or replacement of covered defects & failures during the warranty period
- Free upgrades to the latest Windows PSM-A analysis and reporting software, for enhanced capabilities
- Free upgrades to the latest firmware for the analyzer for enhanced performance and new features
- 1 calibration of the analyzer with one set of probes during each year of the extended warranty / maintenance period ($200/year value)
- Replacement of out-of-tolerance batteries
- Coverage of new product warranties extend to all PowerSight probes, adapters, carrying cases, & other optional items purchased with the analyzer
Extend or Renew Your Warranty / Maintenance Coverage
Technical SupportOur technical support staff know our products and your applications. We design and support our products for both the first-time renter and the daily professional user. We are always improving the products and are committed to your success!
Types of support:
- Answering questions about product operation and software usage
- Troubleshooting errors and bugs
- Assistance with finding & purchasing the right equipment for your needs
- Maintenance requests for products under warranty
- Whatever we can do to help you achieve success
ContactFor general questions and comments, email: email@example.com
For specific issues, submit the Technical Service Request Form
For immediate service, call (925)-944-1212* or send us a message in the Live Chat box* in the bottom right corner of the page
*standard coverage is weekdays 8:00AM - 5:00PM PST
Quick Start Guide
Wide Range Flexible Current Probe 1 - 6000 AmpsThe eFX6000 is a flexible AC current probe covering the entire measurement range of 1 to 6000 amps. The rope is just 0.91 inches (23 mm) thick so it can fit through narrow places and is 24 inches long so it can wrap around multiple cables or a busbar (36 inch length is also available). Self-powered via our meter, so there are NO batteries that can run down.
5 KVP Voltage Probes (3 Probes, Case)The PowerSight 5KVPSet allows you to safely directly monitor medium voltages up to 5KV. It is a set of three probes. Great for use with 4160V motors. Your only choice when there are no PTs (Potential Transformers) available or you want to bypass PTs.
Other Relevant Items
[Does NOT include current probes or carrying case.]