5KVP - 5 kV Voltage Probe (Single)
This means that connecting the probe to other meters results in an impedance mismatch which results in inaccurate readings.
Therefore our 5KVP probe is only guaranteed to work with PowerSight meters and due to the inherent risk when working with elevated voltages, we will not sell it to a customer who will use it with some other measuring device.
Use of a 5KVP on a device other than a PowerSight meter voids all warranties for the probe and is undertaken by the user at their own risk.
- Connect directly to medium voltages up to 5KV
- Allows you to bypass PTs (Potential Transformers)
- Shepherd’s hook for easy connection to medium voltage (1/4 inch inside diameter)
- Measure harmonics up to 3000 Hz
- All connections are labeled and advisory labels are attached, for review each time the probe is used
- For use exclusively with PowerSight® line of Energy Analyzers
Note: It is recommended that installation and removal be done on a de-energized circuit
Voltage Measurement Range: 500 to 5,000 Vrms
Voltage Linearity: +/-1% over measurement range for fundamental frequencies of 50, 60, and 400 Hz
- within +/-1% from 50 to 500Hz
- within +/-2% from 501 to 1000Hz
- within +/-5% from 1001 to 2000Hz
- within +/-10% from 2001 to 3000Hz
Probe Dimensions: 14.75 inches long. Maximum diameter is 3 inches at the safety ring, tapering down to ½ inch outside diameter at the hook.
Shepherd’s Hook Dimensions: connection hook has 1/4 inch inside diameter.
Fully Extended Length: from connectors to hook, probe is 7 feet long.
Weight: Probe weighs less than 1 pound.
Scale: For direct reading of actual voltage, set meter for 100:1 input ratio.