5KVPSet - 5k Voltage Probe (set of 3)
This product is only warranted for use with PowerSight analyzers. Also, due to safety/liability considerations, this product cannot be returned for refund once shipped, except for warranty repair and calibration.
This means that connecting the probes to other meters results in an impedance mismatch which results in inaccurate readings.
Therefore our 5KVP probes are only guaranteed to work with PowerSight meters and due to the inherent risk when working with elevated voltages, we will not sell them to a customer who will use them with some other measuring device.
Use of a 5KVP on a device other than a PowerSight meter voids all warranties for the probes and is undertaken by the user at their own risk.
- Connect directly to 3 phase up to 5KV
- Allows bypassing PTs (Potential Transformers)
- Entire set comes in compact 19 x 10 x 5 inch Cordura soft carrying case
- Shepherd’s hook for easy connection to medium voltage (1/4 inch inside diameter)
- All connections are labeled and advisory labels are attached, for review each time the probes are used
- Measure harmonics up to 900 Hz
- For use exclusively with PowerSight® line of Energy Analyzers
Note: It is recommended that installation and removal be done on a de-energized circuit
Voltage Measurement Range: 500 to 5,000 Vrms
Voltage Linearity: +/-1% over measurement range
Frequency Response: Attenuation of 1db from 50 to 900 Hz (i.e. measurements attenuated 11% at 900 Hz, which is 15th harmonic at 60Hz or 18th harmonic at 50Hz).
Probe Dimensions: 14.75 inches long. Maximum diameter is 3 inches at the safety ring, tapering down to ½ inch outside diameter at the hook.
Shepherd’s Hook Dimensions: connection hook has 1/4 inch inside diameter.
Fully Extended Length: from connectors to hook, each probe is 7 feet long.
Weight: Each probe weighs less than 1 pound.
Carrying Case: zippered Cordura canvas, 19 x 10 x 5 inches.
Scale: For direct reading of actual voltage, set meter for 100:1 input ratio.